Yoga for YOUR business
- Yoga classes in a company environment.
- A wellbeing solution tailored to you and your staff.
- Contact Sarah to discuss your requirements by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07867 504539.
Why should an employer provide or sponsor yoga in the workplace?
- Many employers realise their most expensive costs are the salaries they pay their staff.
- Looking after staff is important.
- The relatively small, effective cost of providing a yoga class for staff will bring a host of benefits.
- Alternatively, employers can look to sponsor a class subsidising the cost with employees to provide a win-win situation for all.
- If the health of staff improves, attendance and focus at work will improve.
- If staff are healthier and happier, they are more likely to be more proactive and contribute on a positive basis .
- Yoga brings more awareness to how we are feeling, enabling us to notice what is really happening in our bodies and the implications of how we are behaving in our lives, in all situations.
- If our awareness improves and we are more connected to our bodies and what is going on in our minds, we are more likely to be better functioning individuals in all aspects of our lives, including work.
Reasons why yoga classes may be right for YOUR organisation
- Yoga is an antidote to the stresses of modern, 24 hour living and ever present technology.
- Yoga is proven to help alleviate symptoms of stress and to help us avoid being caught up in the chitter chatter and the dramas that our minds create.
- Yoga can help staff deal with challenging situations, both at work and outside.
- Yoga improves staff wellbeing, morale & motivation.
- Yoga creates balance and equanimity, promoting peace and harmony.
- Yoga promotes overall physical good health, stability, energy, flexibility and relaxation.
- Yoga counteracts the physical effects of spending hours sitting at a desk in front of a computer or behind the wheel of a car.
- Yoga opens up our joints, stretches our muscles and allows us to breathe better, thus promoting physical and mental good health and wellbeing.
- Yoga also aids concentration, balance and tranquillity in the mind.
- Yoga increases our inner awareness and lead to greater emotional and spiritual freedom, in all aspects of our lives, including work.
What an employer and employee says about yoga in the workplace?
Please have a look at the testimonial page for other comments, here are the views from an employer and an employee:
EMPLOYER: Anne Clark, Director of HR, Horticultural Trades Association (November 2016):
Sarah has been taking lunchtime yoga classes at the HTA for nearly two years and feedback has been very positive, with attendees looking forward to the regular sessions.
Sarah’s yoga classes allow our employees to counteract physical tension which inevitably arises from time spent sitting at desk, whilst allowing their minds to clear of any stress and mental tension. Staff return to their jobs feeling refreshed and calm, Being more relaxed, afternoon activity is more productive following yoga sessions, which allow staff to refocus and clear their minds for the tasks in hand.
Sarah’s yoga classes help the HTA with its duty of care towards contributing to the wellness of its employees (positively affecting their wellbeing both in and out of work); they also positively contribute to the organisation’s effectiveness as healthy and happy staff are more productive.
Sarah brings all equipment. Showers for staff are not required. All we provide is an empty room. Sarah is helpful and flexible in her approach and I have no hesitation in recommending yoga classes to other organisations.
EMPLOYEE: Alexa Stillwell, Horticultural Trades Association:
I had never tried yoga before as, to be honest, I thought it was a bit too “hippy” for me. I tried it at work in our lunch time weekly classes that Sarah was running and have fallen in love with it! It really helps to get away from your desk and clear your mind, as well as offer a gentle, but challenging workout. I personally felt much more relaxed in the afternoons and more productive following yoga sessions and there is lots I have taken away from the classes to help me refocus and clear my mind for the tasks at hand, both in work and personally Sarah is a wonderful teacher, who is patient and helped everyone in the class to work to their own pace and limitations, and I would highly recommend any business to offer a lunch time yoga session.